We’re excited to introduce SATIVA, our all-new, organic hemp seed oil hair and skincare line.
SATIVA products are designed for people who care about their hair and skin as much as they care about the environment. What makes this hemp skincare and haircare line special are our plant-based formulations and sustainably sourced ingredients backed by world-class production ethics. Every single product is cruelty-free and carbon neutral.
Instead of water (which is usually the first ingredient on skin and hair care products), every SATIVA product starts with a clean, anti-bacterial Aloe Vera and Hemp Seed Oil foundation. We do this because these two ingredients create a nutrient-rich, anti-bacterial base for the rest of the all-natural ingredients to be more effective.
We know hemp is a powerful, multi-use plant which can nourish us from the inside out. As a food source, hemp seeds add a complete protein and essential fatty acids to our diets. Full-spectrum hemp extracts balance the endocannabinoid system with the entourage of terpenes, flavonoids, and cannabinoids including through CBD. And, most important to your skin and hair, hemp seed oil can also soothe and protect our largest organ, our skin, and hair.
The naturally replenishing benefits of hemp seed oil are unparalleled. For the skin, hemp seed oil is rich in Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) which is a natural anti-inflammatory ideal for all skin types. Hemp seed oil is also a source of Vitamin E, which helps fight free radicals.
When combined with hemp seed oil and aloe the rest of our sustainably-sourced natural ingredients and organic botanicals from around the globe to create nutrient-rich cleansers, moisturizers and more.
Each of our SATIVA formulas is freshly-scented and indulgent for a luxurious, full sensory experience each time you use them. Specially developed to purify, replenish, and rejuvenate, SATIVA is suitable for all skin and hair types.
Why is SATIVA good for All Skin and Hair Types?
You’re probably skeptical of skincare products that work for everyone. That’s because many skincare products use chemicals and additives that strip natural moisture or clog pores with too many oily additives. But not SATIVA.
Because SATIVA’s ingredients are all natural, they provide a natural balance to your skin and hair. This natural balance means all the products are naturally anti-bacterial, non-drying and anti-inflammatory.
Each of the ingredients works together to balance your skin to its most natural, healthy condition. Truly, once you experience SATIVA, your skin will finally reach its natural potential to be balanced, supple and glowing.
World-Class Production Ethics
We use a proprietary cellular extraction process that is non-toxic so we are able to capture the entire plants’ cellular structure in their purest, intact form. Our extraction process results in a stable, concentrated, water-soluble extract with superior bioactivity and bioavailability.
We never use animal products or test on animals. For example, did you know a common skincare ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid, which is beloved for its anti-aging, anti-inflammatory benefits, is typically sourced from rooster combs, eyeballs and giblets? SATIVA’s products have Aloe, which has the same soothing, moisture-retaining, skin-plumping and penetration enhancement properties of hyaluronic acid without the animal cruelty.
Our Australian facility is powered entirely by green energy, which offsets 110% of the carbon emissions from manufacturing. This is known as carbon neutral manufacturing. Plus, every piece of our packaging is BPA free and fully recyclable.
Every SATIVA product is 100% free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, artificial colors, aluminum, and other harmful ingredients. And, they’re sustainably sourced and cruelty-free.
We conduct special dermatological testing under strict, FDA-approved laboratory conditions to ensure our products meet clinical standards. And we only test our products on humans—never on animals.
Unique, Botanical Ingredients From Around the Globe
SATIVA skin and hair products are 100% vegan* (except Smooch Lip Balm), with unique ingredients sourced from countries around the world, including Australia, the Amazon and Asia.
By combining the world’s most nutritive botanicals with hemp seed and aloe, SATIVA’s formulations bring together the secrets of some of the world’s most beautiful skin. Every SATIVA botanical is hand-selected to provide your skin and hair with a balanced, healthy result.
All SATIVA products also contain pure, cooling Aloe Vera (in fact, that’s the first ingredient in every product) and 100% organic Hemp Seed Oil.
Other nutrient-rich ingredients in the SATIVA line include:
- Australian Finger Lime Cellular Extract: This exotic citrus promotes skin penetration to amplify nourishment and boost skin cell renewal. Water-soluble phyto-actives promote healthier-looking and smoother skin. Cellular extracts are naturally multifunctional and release a range of potent compounds, including natural Vitamin C.
- Australian Lemon Myrtle Extract: Besides its delightful, energizing aroma, this native Australian plant contains some unique antioxidant compounds proven to beneﬁt skin and hair health while stabilizing and enhancing the potency of Vitamin C. The result is a great skin penetrator and protector that you will ﬁnd in all our skin and hair care products.
- Kakadu Plum (Terminalia ferdiriandiana): Found in Australia’s northern Kakadu Wilderness, the Kakadu plum is a true powerhouse of antioxidant nutrition boasting the world’s highest concentration of Vitamin C and a host of other rejuvenating elements with proven skin protecting, softening and smoothing properties.
- Kimchi: A fermented superfood originating in Korea, Kimchi is a skincare powerhouse. Fermented products have been part of the skincare ritual for Korean women for generations. Kimchi helps your skin absorb other natural products better and also reduces skin irritation. The Kimchi in SATIVA skincare is formulated to deliver an antioxidant boost to your face to promote a healthy glow.
- Copaiba Oil: Copaiba Oil is tapped from trees found in the Amazon jungle. This oil has traditionally been used as an antiseptic, wound healer, pain reliever and anti-inflammatory—properties which are supported by extensive modern research.
- Guayusa: Guayusa (“gwhy-you-sa”) is a powerful yet little-known herb from the Amazon jungle. It contains more caffeine, chlorogenic acid, and antioxidants than any other tea. When applied to the skin, it reduces redness and prevents damage from excess sun exposure.
- Pracaxi Oil: Pracaxi Oil is reported to have numerous benefits to the skin, especially when targeting stretch marks. These benefits come from the oil’s rich supply of fatty acids, specifically oleic, linoleic, and behenic fatty acids. In fact, Pracaxi Oil has one of the highest concentrations of behenic acid among natural products.
- Fulvic Minerals: Fulvic minerals are ancient plant-derived mineral deposits that have been complexed with Fulvic acids, highly bioactive substances produced by bacteria as they digest and decompose natural materials in the soil. They are the essential link that transforms inorganic minerals into highly bioavailable, organic mineral complexes capable of nourishing and energizing the body’s cells. They help transport nutrients across cell membranes, are potent antioxidants, assist enzymatic reactions, stimulate metabolism and balance the electrochemical charge of cells.
- Gotu Kola: This Asian herb has been used for rejuvenating skin since ancient times in India, China, and Indonesia. Extracts of the herb have superior skin-penetrating abilities; they boost blood supply to the applied area while inhibiting bacterial growth and boosting collagen synthesis. All of this results in glowing skin that is smoother, with fewer blemishes.
- Green Tea (cellular extract): Green Tea extract is a rich source of diverse antioxidant nutrients, including caffeine. Green Tea’s antioxidants prevent the damage that causes the skin to age, and research over the last decade has now conﬁrmed caffeine’s ability to accelerate hair growth.
- Rosehip (CO2 extract): This luxurious oil is produced by supercritical CO2 extraction of organic rosehips, resulting in a golden elixir packed with essential fatty acids, antioxidants, Vitamin C, beta-carotene and a highly bioavailable form of Vitamin A. This combination of nutrients is perfectly suited to keeping skin moist and wrinkle-free.
- Sapindus Berry: The Sapindus Berry from India is a rich source of natural saponins and vitamins that are especially good for cleansing the hair and skin while promoting hair health and shine. Unlike harsh chemical cleansers, Sapindus berry extract is gentle on skin and hair and makes up an important ingredient in our face cleanser and hair shampoo.
* Excludes Smooch Lip Balm